Exposure to our i2i accelerator program where you get to meet the entrepreneurs, understand their business model, exposure to our workshop and the associated training materials.
This experience will push the boundaries of your thinking on social impact – move beyond pushing for ideas like ‘social enterprise’ and instead thinking through the fundamentals of what drives impact.
Opportunity to use analytical and investment-minded approach to solving social problems and identifying solutions that we can scale.
On the job training similar to that of management consulting firms and refined research and quantitative abilities.
Opportunity to directly experience the social impact space and learn more about the sector, what we do and build networks. (especially useful for those exploring the sector but not able to financially or mentally make a long term commitment yet).
+ Full-time positions
Program Associate – Job Description
SOW (Asia) Foundation Limited (“SOW Asia”, “our” or “we”) is recruiting a full-time staff to assist the Director of Programs to run its accelerator program.
SOW Asia is a charitable foundation in Hong Kong, established in 2009. We aim to support enterprises intent on scaling their social and/or environmental impact through financial investments and our accelerator program. Through this platform, our vision is to create an ecosystem in which local social businesses can grow. We are partners with a number of organisations from multiple sectors, such as public, private, academia and NGOs, and SOW Asia has supported so far more than 50 social enterprises for early scale (follow-on funding).
Role and responsibilities
In addition to assisting the Director of Programs to develop the accelerator program’s growth strategies, the Program Associate will be responsible for all day-to-day activities related to driving and executing the accelerator program. He/She will work closely with, and report to the Director of Programs. He/She will also have opportunities to work with the CEO and be involved in other non-program related aspects of SOW Asia’s business.
Expected responsibilities are summarised below:
SOW Asia’s Accelerator Program:
- Assist in selecting the program cohort and managing the cohort application process.
- Promote and market the accelerator program, especially at the onset of launching am accelerator cohort.
- Source potential accelerator participants.
- Assist in designing the program and implementing the design.
- Assist in providing business consultations to accelerator participants.
- Deliver activities that support program participants, and portfolio companies where applicable, in building their capacities.
- Assist the Director of Programs and the CEO to manage external relationships with the program’s stakeholders.
- Produce insightful and client-ready research and reports to evaluate SOW Asia’s impact and recommend changes to the accelerator program.
- Represent SOW Asia in the Hong Kong community as an “Ambassador” to potential social entrepreneurs and our past accelerator participants. This may include speaking at public events and institutions.
- Support the CEO and the Director of Programs in providing constant input into SOW Asia’s strategy to facilitate the team’s continual growth.
SOW Asia’s Investment Program:
- Assist with the due diligence process to assess potential investees’ suitability for investments.
- Support Director of Programs in preparing due diligence and investment-related documents and other associated documentation.
Fundraising and reporting:
- Manage grant applications processes on behalf of SOW Asia.
- Draft grant applications and written reports to showcase the social impact of accelerator participants, past accelerator participants and SOW Asia.
- Assist in other fundraising-related activities and tasks.
- Report SOW Asia’s progress and impact to stakeholders and senior management.
- Manage the interview and onboarding processes for recruiting volunteers.
- Coordinate resources to ensure SOW Asia’s accelerator program and other associated activities operate smoothly.
Skills, experience, education and work hours
- Strong interest in social entrepreneurship, venture philanthropy and advocacy and related work (e.g. events management). Prior experience in these areas is advantageous.
- Minimum two to three years’ post-university work experience. Bachelor’s degree or above. Prior experience in dealing with legal documents and measuring social impact is also advantageous.
- Desired qualities: an independent worker who is pro-active, self-organised, have an eye for details and able to quickly adapt to a small team and a fluid working environment. Willing and able to share and report work progress with the team unprompted. Willing and able to organise and run events and to work beyond normal office hours.
- Good research skills and strong communication skills in written and spoken English and Cantonese. Comfortable with public speaking. Fluent Mandarin will be advantageous.
- Proficient in PPT, Excel and Word.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
For those who are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to Mr Demetrius Yuen, SOW Asia’s Director of Programs at "email@example.com". Please specify "Full time position application: [Name]" in subject heading.
+ Associate Volunteers
- Application is on a rolling basis.
- Positions are competitive and we accept 1 - 2 volunteers at any given time.
- Volunteering assignments at SOW Asia last for a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Successful volunteers will possess at least an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrable passion and experience with social enterprises or non profit organisations.
- Demonstrable skills in research and quantitative analysis.
- Strong verbal and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin skills.
What a day at SOW Asia is like:
Our team consists of strategy and management consultants, finance professionals and entrepreneurs, and we are constantly looking for talented volunteers to support and drive our analysis and decision making. Volunteers regularly engage in problem solving projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to prepare new proposals, materials for donor/sponsor correspondence and updates
- Conducting program-related research and writing informational materials
- Helping to compile and/or review program-related presentations and reports
- Contributing to SOW Asia's various social media platforms with interesting news articles, commentary, thought leadership reports etc
- Helping with administrative tasks as and when needed
- Attending networking events
About SOW Asia:
SOW Asia employs an analytical and investment-minded approach to solving social problems and identifying solutions that can scale. We look for opportunities to invest in business approaches that create a scalable impact, to address Hong Kong's pressing challenges in elderly care, active ageing, social inclusion and education.
How to Apply
Please complete the online Application Form.
+ Business Volunteers
Volunteers in SOW Asia come from a diversified background. Aside from associate interns, we also welcome business volunteers who wish to contribute their skills to create an impact on our local communities, with us. If you are:
- a serial social entrepreneur, and wish to share your experience; or
- looking for sustainable ways to contribute your specific skills (e.g. social media and digital marketing, web-design, subject matter experts in aging/ health/ environmental/ entrepreneurship); or
- on sabbatical leave, in transition or just simply looking for meaningful but impactful work in the social sector; or
- bored with a traditional or 9-5 role, looking for social innovation...
We would like to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title "Application for Business Volunteer - [name] "