Exposure to our i2i accelerator program where you get to meet the entrepreneurs, understand their business model, exposure to our workshop and the associated training materials.
This experience will push the boundaries of your thinking on social impact – move beyond pushing for ideas like ‘social enterprise’ and instead thinking through the fundamentals of what drives impact.
Opportunity to use analytical and investment-minded approach to solving social problems and identifying solutions that we can scale.
On the job training similar to that of management consulting firms and refined research and quantitative abilities.
Opportunity to directly experience the social impact space and learn more about the sector, what we do and build networks. (especially useful for those exploring the sector but not able to financially or mentally make a long term commitment yet).
+ Full- time positions
Program Associate – Job Description
This job no longer exists
+ Associate Volunteers
- Application is on a rolling basis.
- Positions are competitive and we accept 1 - 2 volunteers at any given time.
- Volunteering assignments at SOW Asia last for a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Successful volunteers will possess at least an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrable passion and experience with social enterprises or non profit organisations.
- Demonstrable skills in research and quantitative analysis.
- Strong verbal and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin skills.
What a day at SOW Asia is like:
Our team consists of strategy and management consultants, finance professionals and entrepreneurs, and we are constantly looking for talented volunteers to support and drive our analysis and decision making. Volunteers regularly engage in problem solving projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to prepare new proposals, materials for donor/sponsor correspondence and updates
- Conducting program-related research and writing informational materials
- Helping to compile and/or review program-related presentations and reports
- Contributing to SOW Asia's various social media platforms with interesting news articles, commentary, thought leadership reports etc
- Helping with administrative tasks as and when needed
- Attending networking events
About SOW Asia:
SOW Asia employs an analytical and investment-minded approach to solving social problems and identifying solutions that can scale. We look for opportunities to invest in business approaches that create a scalable impact, to address Hong Kong's pressing challenges in biotechnology and wellbeing, elderly care, active ageing, poverty alleviation, environment, social inclusion and education.
How to Apply
Please complete the online Application Form.
+ Business Volunteers
Volunteers in SOW Asia come from a diversified background. Aside from associate interns, we also welcome business volunteers who wish to contribute their skills to create an impact on our local communities, with us. If you are:
- a serial social entrepreneur, and wish to share your experience; or
- looking for sustainable ways to contribute your specific skills (e.g. social media and digital marketing, web-design, subject matter experts in aging/ health/ environmental/ entrepreneurship); or
- on sabbatical leave, in transition or just simply looking for meaningful but impactful work in the social sector; or
- bored with a traditional or 9-5 role, looking for social innovation...
We would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter to us at email@example.com, with the subject title "Application for Business Volunteer - [name] "